I tend to feel uncomfortable with eligibility posts, but I posted such an overview for the first time in 2016, when someone added my name to the Hugo Nominations Wiki. And since I did it the past two years, I decided to make an overview post for 2018 as well.
So if you’re interested in what I write, here is an overview of all SFF related blogposts of 2018, in chronological order, as well as a list of all the SFF fiction I published.
At this blog:
- “USS Callister” and the Successful Mutiny Against Toxic Masculinity
- Star Trek Discovery – Through the Looking Glass and into even more Grimdarkness
- Star Trek Discovery – The Anti Star Trek in the Mirror Universe
- Star Trek Discovery – Nor with even more Shocking Twists (TM) and a Side Order of Fried Rubberhead
- Cora guestblogs elsewhere and remembers Ursula K. Le Guin.
- Star Trek Discovery – Still dishing out Shocking Twists (TM), but at least no one has eaten Saru this week.
- Star Trek Discovery and the American Cult of Guilt and Redemption
- In Defence of Wallpaper Science Fiction
- The Star Trek Discovery Season Finale or “Hey, we finally remembered we’re making Star Trek and not Game of Thrones in Space.”
- Some Thoughts on the 2017 Nebula Award Nominees.
- The Other Star Trek Show: Some Thoughts on The Orville
- Some Thoughts on the 2018 Oscars and their appreciation for SFF films.
- Some Thoughts on the Hugo Award Finalists, Part I: The 1943 Retro Hugos
- Some Thoughts on the Hugo Award Finalists, Part II: The 2018 Hugos
- A Triple New Release and Some Thoughts on Cozy Space Opera
- Some Reactions to the 2018 Hugo Award Finalists.
- Some Thoughts on Season 1 of The Expanse.
- Remembering Wolfgang Völz (1930 – 2018)
- Some Comments on the 2017 Nebula Award Winners
- The July Short Story Challenge 2018 – 31 Stories in 31 Days
- Convention Programming in the Age of Necromancy – A Short Story
- The 2018 Dragon Award Nominees and the Rise of the Kindle Unlimited Writing Factories
- Some Comments on the 1943 Retro Hugo Award Winners.
- Comments on the 2018 Hugo Award Winners.
- Reactions to the 2018 Hugo Award Winners
- In Memoriam Dieter Thomas Heck
- More Reactions to the 2018 Hugo Awards and Other WorldCon 76 Links
- Cozy Space Opera, Cozy Mysteries and the Domestic Sphere
- Comments on the 2018 Dragon Award Winners
- Two and a Half New In Love and War Stories Available
- Cozy Space Opera with Food: “The Taste of Home”, a new “In Love and War” Story
- Chuck Wendig, James Gunn, Chelsea Cain and the Silencing of Creatives
- Murder under the Mistletoe 2018 – A Round-up of the Best Indie Holiday Mysteries and Crime Fiction
- Magic Under the Mistletoe 2018 – A Round-up of the Best Indie Holiday Speculative Fiction
- The Hopepunk Debate
- as well as twelve issues each of Indie Speculative Fiction of the Month and Indie Crime Fiction of the Month.
At Galactic Journey:
- The Future in a Divided Land – An Overview of Science Fiction in East and West Germany, Part 1
- The Future in a Divided Land – An Overview of Science Fiction in East and West Germany, Part 2.
- The Future in a Divided Land – An Overview of Science Fiction in East and West Germany, Part 3
- The Silent Star: A Cinematic Extravaganza from Beyond the Iron Curtain
- Jim Knopf and Lukas the Train Engine Driver by Michael Ende: A Classic in the Making
- Mourning on Two Continents
- A Not Unpleasant Ordeal: Ordeal in Otherwhere by Andre Norton
- Spaceman’s Punch (Raumfahrer Bowle)
- “Month of Joy: Cooking and a Recipe” at the Skiffy and Fanty Show.
- “Review: Terror at the Crossroads – Tales of Horror, Delusion and the Unknown, edited by Emily Hockaday and Jackie Sherbow” at File 770.
- Interview at the Thrills and Mystery podcast.
- I also co-run the Speculative Fiction Showcase, a group blog focussed on indie SFF, and the Indie Crime Scene, a blog focussed on indie mysteries, crime fiction and thrillers.
Fiction (SFF only):
- Freedom’s Horizon (short novel)
- Double-Cross (short story)
- Blasters of Forever (short story)
- Hunter and Hunted (novella)
- The Shantytown Robin Hoods (short story)
- Evacuation Order (novella)
- Collision Course (novelette)
- The Taste of Home (novelette)
- The Bakery on Gloomland Street (novelette)
- The Mermaid of Foghorn Point (short story)
- The Standarounds of Twilight Gardens (short story)